Day Trips on Kent Island
August 19, 2021
There’s no doubt that Bay Bridge Cove’s location on Kent Island on the Eastern Shore of Maryland is one of its biggest attractions. Just a mile from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, this neighborhood is situated to take advantage of all that the region has to offer. Here are just a few of the fun things we love to do:
- Eat seafood, of course. Hope you love crabs because you’ll find the freshest fish here on the bay. Choose any of the local restaurants and you won’t be sorry. Nothing whets the appetite like salty air and sunsets.
- Sample the local wine & spirits. Kent Island is a hot spot for distilleries and wineries. For example, Blackwater Distilling is Maryland’s oldest craft distillery. And Cascia Vineyards & Winery is a family-run vineyard and winery on the Chesapeake Bay. Whatever your tipple of choice, you’ll find it here on the island.
- Go play outside. Whether you enjoy fishing or hiking, beachcombing or biking, Kent Island has plenty of options. Fishing piers, state parks, nature trails and beautiful beaches offer endless opportunities for family fun and exploring.
- Embrace the arts. Historic Stevensville has a thriving arts community all year round: antique shops, art galleries, live music, festivals, lectures and classes. There’s always something “artsy” going on; just pick your favorite.
- Tour the lighthouses. Did you know that Maryland is home to nearly a dozen lighthouses, and some of them are only reachable by boat? See the Chesapeake Bay and its historic lighthouses from a unique perspective… the deck of a boat!
For more information about Bay Bridge Cove, and all the exciting things to do in and around Kent Island, contact Ed at 610-549-4208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.