8 Reasons Why a Clubhouse is a Vital Part of an Active Adult Community
February 28, 2018
Why do people move to an active adult community? Some are looking for smaller homes, and having a more carefree lifestyle. But many choose the active adult path because of the amenities. After all, who can resist having unfettered access to swimming pools, exercise classes and game rooms?
Here are some reasons that the clubhouse is an integral part of McKee 55+ communities.
1. The clubhouse is, often, the physical center of the community. It’s where potential residents get their first taste of things. It’s where visitors come to meet up with residents. All roads lead to the clubhouse – literally!
2. The clubhouse is the heart & soul of the community. It’s a common area, a place where everyone is always welcome. It is the one place that all residents congregate at one time or another – because something is always happening at the clubhouse!
3. In an active adult community, convenience is key. And the clubhouse puts everything at your fingertips – swimming pool, the weight/exercise room, card & game tables, billiards, the library, the craft room, the lounge.
4. Want to host a club meeting? Planning a family shindig? The clubhouse is just the spot. There’s no better locale for meetings, parties, and other get-togethers.
5. The clubhouse helps put the “active” in active adult living. You can be as active as you want – whether you’re in a health and wellness program, taking classes, or singing in the choir. Plus, activity programs also reduce the isolation felt when living alone.
6. The clubhouse is like the town square, the perfect place to stage special performances, educational events or other organized activities.
7. Remember signing up for activities in school? The clubhouse is activity central, giving our residents the opportunity to pursue new interests, rediscover old hobbies, and just keep busy.
8. For some people, safety is an issue. Our clubhouses are designed to be safe and secure places to meet, hang out, get to know each other.
McKee communities have incredible clubhouses! Check out Champions’ Club in Magnolia, The Preserve at Weatherby in Swedesboro, and (COMING SOON!) Bay Bridge Cove on Kent Island to see for yourself! Visit McKeeBuilders.com for more information!