5 Reasons Why You Should Buy New
September 18, 2017
You wouldn’t buy a cell phone from 10 years ago, so why would you settle for an outdated home? At McKee Builders, our goal is to build you a brand new home with superior quality, impressive energy savings, and innovative designs. We also make sure you get what you want – including peace-of-mind.
1. Customization is key. One of the biggest benefits of building a new McKee home is being able to tailor it for your family. You have a say in everything from the floor plan to the cabinets, flooring and finishes. In used homes, this isn’t the case. You’d have to spend money to renovate – or get settle for what’s already there.
2. More “you” space. A new McKee home is designed to fit the way YOU live, with convenient features like walk-in pantries, luxurious master suites, spacious garages, and flexible living spaces. With resale homes, especially older ones, you may find that space is limited or fits someone else’s preferences.
3. The latest & greatest everything. A new home from McKee is built to exceed current building codes, and includes the latest in construction materials, heating & cooling systems, appliances, and phone/cable capabilities. You can relax, knowing you don’t need to worry about updating your systems any time soon.
4. Less maintenance & repairs. Exterior maintenance is a thing of the past in a McKee 55+ community. Outdoor chores like lawn mowing, leaf raking and snow shoveling are all done for you! Another advantage to living in a McKee home is our industry-best warranties that will cover you for years. If you had a previously owned home, there’s a strong possibility that you would be responsible for 100% of the repairs.
5. Better energy efficiency. There’s no question that our homes offer better insulation, low-E windows, more efficient appliances, and high-quality heating and cooling systems. If you buy a resale home, keep in mind that you could end up with poor insulation, drafty windows, questionable air quality, or an old furnace. All of which would drive up your utility bills – and possibly exacerbate allergies or other health issues.
Do you really want to waste money trying to retrofit a house that doesn’t fit your lifestyle? Or spend your time worrying about all the things that could go wrong? Before you buy used, come see us. In addition to peace of mind, you’ll have the all-new, all-you McKee home in Delaware, Maryland or New Jersey that you deserve.