Energy Star 3.0 Certified
While other builders boast energy-efficient construction, few are actually ENERGY STAR 3.0 certified. Earning this respected designation means more than just installing a high efficiency dishwasher in a kitchen or using compact fluorescent light bulbs.
Owning an Energy Star 3.0 home means:
- Annual savings of up to 30% on utility bills
- Whole-house energy efficient technologies that are independently tested and verified
- Wall-to-wall comfort with consistent temperatures across every room
- Peace of mind knowing your home is built to the EPA’s stringent guidelines
McKee homes achieve this level of performance through a combination of energy-efficient enhancements, including:
- Optimized insulation systems
- High-performance windows
- Tightly sealed construction
- Leak-proof ductwork
- Advanced heating and cooling equipment
- ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliances
...and much more!
For complete details about the ENERGY STAR program, visit www.EnergyStar.gov
QUALITY THAT’S EPA-APPROVED
To ensure that your home meets the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) stringent ENERGY STAR standards, third-party verification by a certified Home Energy Rater (or equivalent) is required.
The Rater works closely with McKee Builders throughout the entire construction process to help determine requisite energy-saving equipment and construction techniques, while conducting on–site diagnostic testing and inspections to document that the home is eligible to earn ENERGY STAR certification.
If you have toured any of our beautiful models recently, you would have come across this handsome little guy. Ed is your personal tour guide to the serious savings ENERGY STAR certification brings to your home.
Meet the Real Ed
Ed is modeled on McKee Builders' very own ENERGY STAR expert, Ed Gillespie.
- Ed was the first in the state to earn the National Association of Home Builders' (NAHB) Certified Green Professional educational designation. This designation certifies that Ted has mastered the skills and best strategies needed for incorporating green building principles into new home and remodeling projects.
- Ed is also an NAHB Certified Graduate Builder. Ted's inclusion in this select group of home builders has reinforced his standing as one of the industry's top professionals.
CONTACT A SALES COUNSELOR
today to learn more about the money-saving benefits of combining McKee Quality with ENERGY STAR certified construction!